In my presentations to authors and publishers on how to capitalize on their books and generate revenue, one of the points that I stress relates to authors and publishers attending book fairs and author and writer conferences regularly. By getting and staying in front of people and networking, any author improves his or her chances of making valuable contacts, identifying useful resources and selling more books.
The following is a list of some potential events that you might want to consider in order to learn more about the book writing and publishing trade and get more exposure:
- BookExpo American – May 11-13, 2016
- Florida Authors and Publishers Association – Annual Conference August 5-6, 2016
- Florida Writers Association – The Writers Nest Mini-Conference April 30, 2016
- Florida Writers Association – Day at the Bay Mini-C0nference May 7, 2016
- Florida Writers Association – Non-Fiction and More Mini-Conference June 25, 2016
- Florida Writers Association – 15th Annual Florida Writers Conference October 20-23, 2016
- Frankfurt Book Fair – October 19-23, 2016
- Independent Book Publishers Association – Publishing University April 8-9, 2016
- London Book Fair – April 12-14, 2016
Attending professional events is just one way to build your author platform and promote your books. For more ideas and strategies on how to better position yourself and books to generate primary and residual revenue streams, check out Make Money Writing Books: Proven Profit Making Strategies for Authors.