Bob Lucas is an internationally-known award-winning author and learning and performance expert who specializes in workplace performance-based training and consulting services. He has four decades of experience in human resources development, management and customer service in a variety of organizational environments and was the 1995 and 2011 President of the Central Florida Chapter of the Association for Talent Development (ATD – formerly ASTD). Bob has lived, traveled and worked in twenty-three different countries and geographic areas.
In addition to having the top-selling customer service textbook in the United States, Bob has written and contributed to thirty-six other books and compilations. For over seventeen years, he shared his knowledge with workplace professionals from organizations such as Walt Disney World, SeaWorld, Martin Marietta, and Wachovia Bank in the Webster University Master of Arts program in Orlando, Florida. In addition, he has provided consulting and training services to numerous major organizations on a variety of workplace learning topics, such as customer service, presentation skills, creative training and management program development, train-the-trainer, interpersonal communication, adult learning, diversity, team building, and employee and organizational development. Bob regularly gives presentations to various local and national groups and organizations such as ATD (formerly the American Society for Training and Development).
Listed in the Who’s Who in the World, Who’s Who in America and Who’s Who in the South & Southeast,
Bob is also an avid writer. His publications include:
- Make Money Writing Books: Proven Profit Making Strategies for Authors
- 231 Ways to Say I Love You…and Mean It
- Please Every Customer: Delivering Stellar Customer Service across Cultures
- Energize Your Training: Creative Techniques to Engage Learners
- Customer Service Skills for Success
- Training Workshop Essentials: Designing, Developing and Delivering Learning Events That Get Results
- Creative Learning: Activities and Games That REALLY Engage People
- People Strategies for Trainers: 176 Tips& Techniques for Dealing with Difficult Classroom Situations
- The Creative Training Idea Book: Inspired Tips& Techniques for Engaging and Effective Learning
- The BIG Book of Flip Charts
- How to be a Great Call Center Representative
- Customer Service Skills & Concepts for Success
- Customer Service: Building Successful Skills for the 21st Century
- Job Strategies for New Employees
- Communicating One-to-One: Making the Most of Interpersonal Relationships
- Coaching Skills: A Guide for Supervisors
- Effective Interpersonal Relationships
- Training Skills for Supervisors
- Customer Service: Skills and Concepts for Business
Additionally, Bob has been a contributing author for the Annual: Developing Human Resources series by Pfeiffer & Company since 1992 and several compilation works by various publishers.
Bob earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Law Enforcement from the University of Maryland, a M.A degree with a focus in Human Resources Development from George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia, and a second M.A. degree in Management and Leadership from Webster University in Orlando, Florida. Further, Bob was one of the first people in the world to attain the ASTD designation of Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) in 2006.